- This event has passed.
Park Arts – Leaves and Colours
April 17, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Details: Children are invited to join us for a creative art day at Centennial Park – if your child loves plants and animals and wants to explore their creative side, then this arty day is just for them!
We will play some nature-based art games working with a range of art mediums and natural materials (loose parts, clay, foliage, sticks etc.) to make a series of works to either leave in situ (on site) or take home with them.
Walking through the park, they will meet some of its wild inhabitants and will get inspiration for their own art works in the beautiful outdoors.
In the morning (10-12pm) , we will explore the park through walks and activities, collecting natural material for our own art work.
– Clay work
– Scavenger Hunt & Natural Fabrics
In the afternoon (1-3pm) , we will go on a scavenger hunt and create a communal artwork as well as our own personal creations.
– Team Ephemeral Art
– Clay Creatures
This is a new format – turn this program to a full day program (8-4pm) by booking the Full Day ticket! We will supervise your child for an extra hour before and after the program and through the lunch break.
When booking, you choose the date first and can then choose your time slot under tickets.
This a drop-off program for children ages 5-12 years. Parents do not attend with children.
- Please ensure your child brings a water bottle and hat as all programs are delivered outdoors. Children must wear closed toe shoes.
- For children booked into both morning and afternoon sessions, please also bring lunch.
- For children who have a Medical Plan, allergies or anaphylaxis, we require a copy of the child’s medical plan and any medication that the children would require in an emergency (including an Epipen or oral medications).
- You may also like to bring or wear insect repellent if your child is prone to mosquito bites.
- Our programs are delivered outdoors and we recommend all participants come prepared for the weather and current conditions with a raincoat and wet weather shoes.
What you need:
– outdoor clothing (closed in shoes and a hat)
– water bottle
– snacks and lunch if you are staying with us for the full day
What: School Holiday Program
Who: Centennial Parklands
When: Mon 17 April 8am – 4pm
Where: The WILD PLAY Discovery Centre
Cost: $35 – $100
Age Range: 5 – 12 years