The inaugural event featured over 40 nature play activities, events and workshops facilitated by dozens of wonderful local organisations, parents and schools across Victoria and two in NSW. Around 2,000 kids and parents participated.
Nature Play Week 2014 was launched at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne.
The launch event featured keynotes by:
- Graeme Base, Children’s Author
- Charles Solomon, Indigenous Program Manager, Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, Tanderrum and Acknowledgement of Country.
- Prof. Tim Entwisle, Director and Chief Executive, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria
- Assoc. Prof. Mardie Townsend, Deakin University
- Christine Joy, Education Coordinator at Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne and Executive Kids in Nature Network
- Dr. Dimity Williams, Strategic Health Advisor and Co-founder Kids in Nature Network
- Claudia Levey, Young Leader
The Nature Play Week launch event was covered by ABC TV News Breakfast, ABC 774 Radio News and Radio 3AW.
We would like to congratulate and thank all organisations and organisers, speakers, participants, partners, friends, and sponsors for making the week a big success!