The inaugural Nature Play Week ran from 1-6 April 2014.
The week was filled with over 40 nature play activities, events and workshops facilitated by dozens of wonderful local organisations, parents and schools across Victoria and two in NSW. It is estimated that around 2000 kids and parents participated.
We would like to congratulate all organisations and organisers, speakers, participants, partners, friends, and sponsors for making the week a big success!
Nature Play Week 2014 was launched at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne.
The launch event featured:
- Graeme Base, Children’s Author
- Prof. Tim Entwisle, Director of The Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Associate Professor Mardie Townsend, Deakin University
- Charles Solomon, Indigenous Program Manager at The Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Claudia Levey, Young Leader
- Christine Joy, Education Coordinator at Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne and Executive Kids in Nature Network
- Dr Dimity Williams, Strategic Health Advisor and Co-founder Kids in Nature Network
The Nature Play Week launch event was covered by ABC TV News Breakfast, ABC 774 Radio News and Radio 3AW.